Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hitting a Rough Patch

I'm having two issues with this diet. One is lack of motivation and will power - specifically when I'm out to eat. If I have a day where I don't go out to eat, I'm fine and it's usually a great day. I barely even look at the demo counter and samples at TJs anymore. But when I'm out at a restaurant (even when I'm making healthIER choices) I can't seem to use any restraint anymore! When it tastes good, I just can't stop eating it! Yesterday I had to pry myself away from the eggplant fries and Adega, even after I was stuffed. Same goes on Wednesday when we went out with Sigal. This wouldn't be the biggest deal in the world if it weren't for my second problem...

I'm too busy to ever get to the gym. Hopefully this week was an anomaly, but I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday. I can't go this week except for tomorrow and Tuesday again. That's ridiculous! The problem is that I have to stay at school until around 4 every day so if I have anything that starts before 6 I don't have time to go in between. I'm thinking about going in the morning, but that would entail waking up at like 5:30 and I don't really know if I can handle that and still be a functional human being for the rest of the day.

I've made it sooo close to my goal, I don't want to crap out or plateau now... especially not so close to blue/white weekend. I just don't know what to do! It's only going to get worse in a few weeks when I start grad school on top of everything else. Ugh. At least if I can make it slowly but steadily going down until the end of the year by the time school lets out, I can be back on my awesome gym regimen.

That's all for now, hopefully I can pull it together in this second half of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment