Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sarah - Week 16

Phew, okay. After my weigh in, I was all ready to write my blog entry but I was so hungry, I had to eat breakfast first. Now I've eaten the most important meal of the day (plus coffee - MY most important part of the day) and am ready to update you loyal reader(s) on my life.

First thing is first. I've found that going to the gym is the key to weight loss. Hands down. I've had much more success if I've gone to the gym on "bad weekends" than if I haven't. This should be a no-brainer because going to the gym will immediately take 500 calories off of however badly you ate. So I combatted my "feast" and yummy lunch and ice cream with Devoti (hiii! I know you're reading this!!) by going to the gym both Friday and Saturday and I was still able to see a huge weight loss this week!

Drum roll, please...

This week, I lost an impressive 3.6 pounds, for a total for 44.8 pounds lost! I can't believe it!! I really did nothing differently this week other than going to the gym every day except Thursday and Sunday. I even went out to eat twice! I think that a lot of my great week had to do with how good it felt after I went to Old Navy and bought two pairs of SIZE 10 PANTS. I am literally on top of the world. To think that a few short months ago I was kidding myself pretending to be a 16 and squeezing into clothes that were too small for me. It feels great already to be a size 10 and not have to struggle to close the zipper and button and I have 25 pounds left to go. I can't even imagine where I'll end up size-wise, but anything less than a 10 is an amazing feat.

Other than that, I'm getting really annoyed with everything I wear (besides the 4 pairs of essential pants that I had to buy) being too big, but it's stupid for me to buy anything new. All I really want to do is go on a crazy shopping spree for Miami (3 weigh-ins away!!) but I'm going to make the adult decision and just get the basics I need and try to make some of what I bought last summer work. I have some going out shirts, skirts, and day dresses that fit, I'm hoping that all I have to buy is a bathing suit and one or two pairs of shorts.

I have more to write about, but this entry is getting long, so maybe I'll post another one tomorrow (crazy, no?) Sorry for the millions of run-on sentences, parenthesis, and commas in this entry...I guess I just have a lot on my mind. I can't wait for this yummy gourmet food filled weekend (when I'll definitely be going to the gym and NOT out to the bars), the Erin Express next weekend, and sunny gorgeous Miami in THREE WEEKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment