Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mmm TJs Tasting

Today was glorious. I've been looking at all of the yummy holiday items for what seemed like years at TJs and wasn't allowed to eat any of them. Finally I made it to the best day of all: the Holiday Flyer tasting. I knew that just one tasting could do horrible things for my diet, so I went into it with a game plan.

Usually, I wouldn't eat anything all day so I could like stuff myself with a million goodies at the tasting. Today, I ate a little bit of oatmeal at lunchtime at school (aka 10:30 AM) so that I wouldn't be ready to eat a small horse once I got to TJs. It was probably around 1-2 points worth. When I got to the tasting, I took a small plate, only tried things that I hadn't ever had before (with the exception of ONE parmesan puff because I've been DYING for them for weeks) and only small pieces at that. I also stopped eating something if I didn't like it (like the ratatouille puffs...they tasted like cardboard). I left feeling full like I had just eaten my regular lunch and definitely not stuffed.

I feel really good about myself...and I got to eat all of the food that I was craving for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment