Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Guest Blogger!!!

Nope. Just Cati.

Sorry, blogosphere. I'm really not good at this.

Ooooookay. So the last time I updated the blog, I was only at -12.0. That's crazy!!! Here's how the weeks have gone:

Week 5 -4.8
Week 6 -3.4
Week 7 +0.4
Week 8 -3.8

Bringing me to a grand total of (drumroll pleaaaaaase) -23.6! I'm really excited about that. Next week I'll be below -25, and into a new tens column (decade? haha) which I'm really really pumped about!

I fell off the wagon a little over Christmas and literally just ate everything I wanted to, whenever I wanted to. I've learned from all of this that the best way for me to control the situation is to not have it in the house. I was at home and just doing whatever I wanted and not going to the gym, hence the +0.4. But I got right back on track this week, which is awesome!

Sarah wanted me to post the recipe for the ice cream sandwiches I made for our Holiday Potluck. Big thanks to sparkpeople.com for supplying it... and for lots of other ideas and tips!

    1 box angel food cake mix, prepared according to directions
    1 1/2 c peppermint ice cream
    3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wipe a 17 1/2" X 11 1/2" baking pan clean with a teaspoon of white vinegar. The vinegar will ensure there is no greasy film on the baking pan. (If possible use a non-stick baking pan.)

Mix angel food cake mix according to package directions. Spread onto the sheet pan; bake for 20 minutes. While the cake is baking, spread the ice cream between two sheets of waxed paper to one inch thickness. Warm the chocolate until melted, either using a double boiler or the microwave (keep a close eye on it, and stir every few seconds). Once cake has baked and cooled; cut it into 24 rounds using a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter. With the same cutter, cut the ice cream into rounds. Dip 12 rounds of the cake into the chocolate. Stack the ice cream between two layers of the cake (the top layer will be the chocolate-dipped cake). If not serving immediately, refreeze.

I made it with mint chocolate chip ice cream instead, but it was still fantastic! I'll definitely be keeping this one to bring to other potluck-y things.

I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but maybe mine should be to update the blog more??

No comments:

Post a Comment