Monday, November 30, 2009

Goal Weight

So, I'm posting 2 times in a few hours to pick up our non-posting slack from the past few weeks (caaaattttiiiiii). Over break, my mom and I had a conversation about my losing weight and how much I wanted to lose. As the name of this blog implies, cati and my goal is to lose 50 lbs each. 50 lbs is a HUGE weightloss for us and will be a great accomplishment. I can hardly remember the 6 months to a year that I was actually that weight in high school. For me, it's always been about being grossly overweight. I was thinking back to my high school WW days and talking to my aunt about her struggles with WW and it really got me interested in what my actual (read: WW) goal weight should be. After looking it up, I'm actually a little confused.

For my height, WW says that my goal weight should be between 114 and 153 lbs, with 133 being the target. I physically can't imagine being 133 lbs. I don't think I've weighed that little since about 7th grade. Maybe for my bat mitzvah. I can't even look at that as a finish line because it's seems so much less attainable than just our 50 lb goal. My 50 lbs will bring me right into the high end of the spectrum...

I guess that for now, I'm going to keep my 50 lbs as my goal and then see what happens as I get closer and closer to it. My REAL goal (besides the NJB, obvi) is to be able to wear a bikini this summer. And to look amazing at coll's wedding. But mostly it's a bikini. So I just have to set my sights on the small goals first before I keep worrying about the HUGE one at the end of the road.

There are 26 weeks until June 1st. 20 weeks until the blue/white game. Average healthy weight loss is 2 lbs per week. If we stick to everything (which I KNOW that we can) then we can hane already met our 50 lb goal by then. Just thinking about that can get us through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment