Friday, November 13, 2009

OMGZ it's the weekend.

So, here goes our first weekend of dieting and I'm sure it's going to be a test. I'm going out to dinner at PS7 in DC (review later? Perhaps) and then a few friends are coming to visit from college. YAY!! However, if you know anything about Penn State, you know that this is going to be a pretty heavy drinking weekend. I'm going to attempt to stick with rum and diets with copious amounts of limes and try not to spend my entire day's points and my entire week's paycheck.

My biggest trait that is going to hinder my dieting is my love of good food and going out to eat with friends. However, in parusing the menu of PS7, I realized that the better the restaurant is, the healthier it tends to be. For example, what you're getting at a nice restaurant in DC is going to be a milllllion times healthier than, say, oliva garden, and will have a ton more healthier options. Can I use this as an excuse to eat out at better restaurants when I choose to go out? I think so!

I'm an avid reader of blogs, most of which tend to be much snarkier than I could ever dream, and one of my top favorites is seriouseats.com. They have tons of weekly segments, one of which is their main editor (obviously a giant foodie) who has been on a diet for almost two years. I used to breeze past his posts, but today when I noticed his post on pizza while on a diet, I realized how good of a tool they would be.

Here's the link to his posts:
http://www.seriouseats.com/tags/Ed%20Levine's%20Serious%20Diet

Anyways, keep your fingers crossed for us this weekend!
GO! STATE! BEAT! HOOSIERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment