Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yo, Miss F.

Sorry for not posting yesterday, having an actual afternoon/night off does weird things to a girl. Also known as, the second I did everything I needed to, I wasn't getting up off the couch. Yesterday was the big first weigh-in and it was nothing special...I'm just excited/nervous for next week!! I had a pretty uneventful day otherwise; I went to school (in the pouring rain) and then came back (in the pouring rain) and went to the gym (in the pouring rain) and then vegged out for the rest of the night. The one cool thing about my day is that one of my students told me that I looked "slimmin" from last year. I'm pretty sure that means that I look better than I did last year, even though up until this week, I would have told you I looked worse or possibly equal. It's awesome to already have someone complimenting me on what feels like some of the hardest work of my life.

Today shouldn't be that bad, it's a crazy day at school where I don't have any planning periods, I just teach straight through. At least we're allowed to wear college sweatshirts today! I can be nice and cozy and hopefully actually warm for a change. I would wear jeans as well, but then even more people would confuse me with being a student. Ah, the perils of being 23 and teaching at a high school. After school I'm going to run home and switch my life over to TJs mode quickly and then schlep over there for a short and breezy 5 hour shift. I love that 14 hour days are my "short-ish" days that I'm excited for after my favorite type of day - "law and order day," where I come home from school, nap, and watch some version of the best show on tv. But not criminal intent.

Have a great day! Hopefully I won't die of no-break exhaustion!

No comments:

Post a Comment